- Autumn quarter 2006
- Course: 15 Math 250
- Instructor: Y. Sommerhäuser
- Assistant: I. Vardhani
- Schedule for Math 250 003:
- Time: Mon-Fri, 10:00 am-10:50 am
- Room: 704
- Call number: 907533
- Schedule for Math 250 004:
- Time: Mon-Fri, 11:00 am-11:50 am
- Room: 835
- Call number: 907534
- Office hours of Y. Sommerhäuser: Tue, Wed, Thu, 1:30 pm-2:30 pm
- Office hours of I. Vardhani: Wed 9:30 am-10:00 am, Thu 11:00 am-12:00 am,
Thu 1:30 pm-3:00 pm, Mathematics Learning Center
- Textbook: J. D. Faires/J. DeFranza:
PreCalculus, 3rd edition,
Brooks/Cole, Belmont, 2004
- Outline: We will cover Chapter 1-5 almost completely, and also Section 6.5.
Course materials will be posted on Blackboard.
- Test 1: Tue, October 17, 5:00 pm, 525 Old Chemistry
- Test 2: Tue, November 7, 5:00 pm, 525 Old Chemistry
- Final: Mon, December 4, 4:00 pm, Zimmer Auditorium
- Examination criteria: The final grade will be computed using the following weights.
- Quizzes: 10 percent
- Homework: 10 percent
- Tests: 25 percent (each)
- Final exam: 30 percent
- A: 90 percent (or better)
- B: 80 percent (or better)
- C: 70 percent (or better)
- D: 60 percent (or better)
- Policies: From the second week on, there will be weekly quizzes.
The homework will consist of suggested problems, which are the basis for the quizzes,
as well as graded homework, which has to be submitted.
The lowest quiz will be dropped. The final exam will be comprehensive.
- Tutoring: Mathematics tutors are available at no charge in the
Mathematics Learning Center.