- Winter quarter 2007
- Course: 15 Math 251
- Instructor: Y. Sommerhäuser
- Assistant: I. Vardhani
- Schedule for Math 251 003:
- Time: Mon-Fri, 10:00 am-10:50 am
- Room: 605
- Call number: 107132
- Schedule for Math 251 004:
- Time: Mon-Fri, 11:00 am-11:50 am
- Room: 835
- Call number: 107133
- Office hours of Y. Sommerhäuser: Mon, Wed, Thu, 1:00 pm-2:00 pm
- Office hours of I. Vardhani: Thu 11:00 am-2:00 pm, Mathematics Learning Center
- Textbook: J. Stewart:
Calculus - Concepts & Contexts , 3rd edition,
Thomson, Belmont, 2005
- Outline: We will cover some review material from Chapter 1, but Chapter 2-4 almost completely.
Course materials will be posted on Blackboard.
- Test 1: Tue, January 30, 5:00 pm, 525 Old Chemistry
- Test 2: Tue, February 27, 5:45 pm, 525 Old Chemistry
- Final: Mon, March 12, 4:00 pm, 127 McMicken
- Examination criteria: The final grade will be computed using the following weights.
- Attendance: 5 percent
- Quizzes: 15 percent
- Tests: 25 percent (each)
- Final exam: 30 percent
- A: 85 percent (or better)
- B: 75 percent (or better)
- C: 65 percent (or better)
- D: 55 percent (or better)
- Policies: There will be no make-up quizzes or tests. From the second week on, there will be weekly quizzes.
The homework will consist of suggested problems, which will not be graded, but forms the basis for the quizzes.
The lowest quiz will be dropped, and furthermore you can miss four classes without affecting your attendance score.
The final exam will be comprehensive. Calculators, textbooks, or notes may not be
used during quizzes or tests.
- Tutoring: Mathematics tutors are available at no charge in the
Mathematics Learning Center.