St. John's & Other Areas - Marriage Records
The entries below come from a book of marriages held at PANL as of July 2010 under the
title of St. John's and Other Areas. The book apparently came to PANL from the RC Basilica, but
it clearly contains many marriages that were performed by Methodist Missionaries.
This list constitutes a typescript of my handwritten extraction from photocopies of the original records,
which is to say that I may have inadvertantly introduced some errors while transcribing and typing...
as always, you should double-check against the original records. That said, if you spot any mistakes that I have made, please let me know
Some comments about this list:
- The entries below are in the same order as presented in the original records, which was not always in chronological order.
- Unless I mistakenly overlooked an entry or two, this is a complete list of all entries for the Pike surname.
Marriages (1825 - 1826, 1830 - 1831)
The format of most of the entries that follow is as follows:
Entries are separated by one or more blank lines.
- Line 1: Marriage Number, and Groom's name, abode, occupation, etc
- Line 2: Bride's name, abode, etc
- Line 3: Marriage date and location
- Line 4: List of witnesses
133 Felix McCarthy Carbonear
Julia Pike Carbonear
5 June 1825 at Carbonear by Denis Mackin, Clergyman in Holy Orders
Chas Hamilton, Julia Morry
385 Thomas Pike St Lawrence
Anne Power of sd place
24 Feb 1826 at St Lawrence by Wm Herron, C I H O
Thoas Heany, Ellen Speerin
Last Modified: Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011 13:23:32 NDT