St. John's Presbyterian Records
What follows is a list of all Pike baptisms and marriages in the St. John's Presbyterian
records held at PANL as of October 2008. This list constitutes
a typescript of my handwritten extraction from photocopies of the original
records, which is to say that I may have inadvertantly introduced some
errors while transcribing and typing... as always, you should double-check
against the original records. That said, if you spot any mistakes that
I have made, please let me know at
Additional Pike entries from other Newfoundland church records can also be found on my website.
Some comments about this list:
- The entries below are in the same order as presented in the church
records, which may not be in chronological order.
- Unless I mistakenly overlooked an entry or two, this is a
complete list of all Pike entries.
At PANL these records are contained in several volumes as follows:
- Baptisms: 1842 - 1878, 1878 - 1890, 1891 - 1915 (I searched up to 1892)
- Marriages: 1842 - 1879, 1879 - 1914, 1914 - 1969 (I searched up to the end of the 1879-1914 volume)
- Burials: 1879 - 1914
Baptisms (1842 - 1892)
I searched up to the end of 1892 but found no Pike entries.
Marriages (1842 - 1914)
The format of the marriages entries that follow is as follows:
- Line 1: Marriage Number, Groom's name, abode, occupation, etc
- Line 2: Bride's name, abode, etc
- Line 3: Marriage date and location
- Line 4: List of witnesses
Page 69: William John Clouston
2 November 1895 at St. John's
Wm Fredk Parsons, L L Crocker, Adelaide A Lawrence, Jennie S Clouston, Walter B Clouston, Hubert Pike
Page 150: Mr Edward Vaters of Salmon Cove, Conception Bay
Miss Maud Pike of Bristol Hope
30 Sept 1913 at the Manse, St. John's
George McCarte, Emma McCarte
Burials (1879 - 1914)
I found no Pike entries.
Last Modified: Sunday, 19-Feb-2012 10:08:11 NST