Pike's buried in Portugal Cove
The following photos were taken on 23 July 2005 and 28 July 2005 as I searched for Pike's buried in the
various cemeteries in Portugul Cove. Of the 9 cemeteries I went to, I only found a single Pike headstone.
If you came to this page directly, then you might want to know that I have additional
information about the Pike families of Newfoundland
on my website.
All photos are: Copyright © David Pike.
United Church Cemetery
This is a fairly new cemetery located on Bauline Line. It appears to be associated with Memorial United Church.
The other cemeteries that I searched were:
- St. Peters Anglican Cemetery, located on Anglican Cemetery Road
- an unnamed cemetery at the end of Days Road (after the road turns to gravel)
- an unnamed cemetery behind some homes on North Point Road (see photo below)
- an unnamed cemetery at the end of North Point Road, containing a small collection of old headstones (see photo below)
- Holy Rosary (Catholic) Cemetery
- Anglican Cemetery of St. Philips, located in St. Philips
- an unnamed cemetery located in the woods immediately behind the church on Anglican Church Road
- St. Lawrence Anglican Cemetery, located on Bauline Line
Last Modified: Saturday, 28-Jul-2007 19:56:34 NDT